Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Puerto Rican Dream -- Images Coming Soon

Two weeks ago, I decided to take a quick trip to Puerto Rico. I left on Saturday and got back yesterday. The area where I was -- Isle Verde, near San Juan -- was quite scenic. In search, solely, of a lot of relaxation and a little fun, I vowed to only take pictures with my point-and-shoot camera. It's low maintenance, I don't have to worry about adjusting the settings, and it's easy to carry around. For most of the trip, I stuck to my photo-snapping pact. However, with one hour remaining on the island, I decided I could not leave without capturing some of the scenes.

This first picture encapsulates what I experienced while on vacation. Whenever I stepped outside, the contrast between the coolness of the indoors and the high temps outside, created a steamy atmosphere. It created an instant moment of relaxation. This palm tree, which sits about 100 feet from the ocean, was the first image I shot when I walked onto the sand from my beachside residence. The film of fog on my camera created a natural filter, making for a a picture which I thought was rather dreamy.

I'll be sharing more images soon.

Marie

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an amazing photo! And totally jealous about the quick trip to puerto rico...wish I could do that! :) Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachelle! CAN'T WAIT to return!

    ReplyDelete