Saturday, August 21, 2010

DC After Dark Part II

Good Evening Shutterbugs!

To piggyback off of Marie's post below, I am absolutely enamored with DC at night. I am a resident of the city and never cease to be amazed by new and interesting sites. Marie and I could barely walk one city block without finding dozens of inspiring details.

The first few pictures are bold and colorful, expressing the youthful energy that can radiate from manufactured objects. The last few pictures are less visually vibrant but, in my opinion, depict the soulfulness and perhaps even the serenity that can be sensed beneath city lights. So I purposefully juxtaposed strong color with monochromatic images to express the dichotomy of emotions I often feel living in DC.

Even if that made absolutely no sense to you, I hope you enjoy! :-)

- S. Christine


5 comments:

  1. Very nice night shots, Marie Christine! Your blog is nice too!
    Susanne

    Thank you for your comment on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon you're blog and wanted to let you know that I'm following. Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susanne49 and Rachelle! We appreciate your comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Pictures of blue and red; contrasting colors realy make a pleasing composition.

    ReplyDelete