Monday, August 23, 2010

Everyday Things

When I wake up in the morning, I'm usually rushing to get out of the house and to work. And when I get home, I'm often too tired to take time for myself. Today, however, was different. After putting in 8+ hours at work, I came home and decided to do something I love: take pictures. However, instead of going for a stroll to capture nature or calling up some friends for a photo shoot, I decided to take pictures of things around my home. I shot items in my living room -- my sofa, my lamp, storage baskets -- specifically focusing on interesting angles and depth perception. My challenge: Capture everyday items in a unique manner.

I think I'll do this more often. We often fail to appreciate the little things.

C. Marie






2 comments:

  1. Finding time for my photography during the week can be challenging, because I work all day and come home to more work. It's important to do something. I've done the same thing, just walked around the house snapping pictures :)

    It can be eye opening. If you have the right composition, you can make an every day item look like art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Kimberly. You're right. Photography makes me so much more appreciative of everyday things. I see things from a new perspective . . . .

    - Marie

    ReplyDelete